The Erlang, Elixir & Friends Devroom will take place on Saturday, 1 February 2020. We invite authors to submit original, high-quality work with sufficient background material to be clear to the BEAM community.
We welcome any talk proposals about BEAM-related projects. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Languages running on the BEAM (Erlang, Elixir, et. al.)
- Introduction to the language
- Recent features and roadmap
- Interesting libraries
- Open Source projects that run on the BEAM
- Scalability and reliability
- Community initiatives
Talks slots are aimed at 20 minutes each (eventually including time for a short Q&A).
Please be aware of the fact that Devroom talks at FOSDEM will be recorded. By submitting a proposal you agree to being recorded and to have your talk made available.
Submissions must include:
- Title (Event title in Pentabarf)
These additional details must be included in the ‘Submission notes’ section:
- Expected prior knowledge / intended audience
- Speaker bio
- Links to previous talks by the speaker (optional)
- Links to code / slides / material for the talk (optional)
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous FOSDEM edition, please reuse it. Create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous year.
When logged in, click on the ‘Create Event’ button (on the left menu) to create your talk proposal. Before submitting your talk in Pentabarf, please make sure that Erlang, Elixir & Friends Devroom is selected as the Track, and also that the duration is 20 minutes.
If you have any issues with Pentabarf, do not despair! Reach us at beam-devroom[at]lists.fosdem.org.
- Call for papers opens: 14 October 2019
- Call for papers closes: 25 November 2019
- Devroom schedule available: 16 December 2019
- Devroom day: Saturday, 1 February 2020 (hour slot TBD)